GPL and NDA

Chris Sloan cds at ghs.com
Sat Jul 21 07:47:50 UTC 2001

You say that it can work if you can atomically GPL and distribute it
but that doesn't make any sense to me.  By creating a dervied work
from a GPL work, the new work is GPL'd from the time of its creation.
You can't (AIUI) un-GPL it distribute it and then re-GPL it and expect
that everything is ok.  If for some reason the NDA + the GPL prevent
the distribution when both in force, then it can't be distributed
because you can't avoid the GPL in the situation described.

	Chris