The Toll Roads of Open Source

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Jan 23 07:51:04 UTC 2001

begin Manfred Schmid quotation:

> We see that emotions have gone high.

I see that you _continue_ declining to address the subject at hand.
Which is evaluating whether specific licences are OSD-compliant or not.
Instead, you digress onto business models, alleged deficiencies in the
OSD, and a whole circus of diversions.

> We take the freedom to make a final statement concerning our requests.

[90-line manifesto snipped]

Farewell!  I sincerely hope that your employer has the good sense to
forebear from referring to software under that licence as "open source",
or it will have a serious public-relations problem.

For it is _very_ obvious that, in fact, you do not intend to produce
open-source software, and never did.  Good luck to you.

--
Cheers,              "It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us
Rick Moen            in trouble.  It's the things we know that ain't so."