trademarked logos and GPL

Lawrence E. Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Tue Jan 23 01:23:00 UTC 2001

I want to discourage license-discuss participants from answering questions
like this one.  Not that its a bad question, or one that would be
uninteresting for more than the questioner to hear answered.  But
non-lawyers have to avoid giving legal advice -- and the questioner would be
foolish to accept legal advice from non-lawyers about a technically
complicated subject such as trademark law.

Even lawyers like me have to be very careful.  We are not supposed to give
generic legal advice to non-clients over the Internet.  That's why I
sometimes avoid answering questions on this discussion list, simply because
I don't want to be seen as advising someone how to act when I don't know
them and don't represent them.

I encourage the questioner to direct his question, in private, to an
attorney.  If you don't know of a good attorney, call me or call other
people you know and ask for recommendations.

/Larry Rosen
Attorney and Executive Director, OSI
650-216-1597
lrosen at rosenlaw.com