Misunderstanding of the basics?

Ralf Schwoebel puzzler at intradat.com
Tue Jan 16 01:20:04 UTC 2001

Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

> I was not referring to that paragraph.  I was referring to these
> paragraphs:

Ok, sorry from my side.

> Otherwise, please don't waste our time.

That is not my intention and I guess in the last 3 hours a lot of
mail went over this here. So let me condense (I think Ben, Brian and
the others agree to that):

The major problem are the paragraphs:

6.3 "The infection theory": isn't that close enough to the other
licenses?

But I see your (community) problem now and that paragraph might
needs clarification:

6.3.3: "Don't touch the license key"

What we mean:

If there is no license key, it is not issue (see our VSLEdit 1.0),
that paragraph only applies for software with a license key.

But with VShop3.0 we want to put a license key in it and then it is
probably violating the idea, but still comes with the source code...

So, the major issue to be approved from your side would be the
license key paragraph?

If you approve to that, then we are talking about much less than
in the beginning and we will work on a 1.1 release.

--
best regards,
Ralf "puzzler" Schwoebel