boomberg bloopers

Kevin Shrieve kevin at lumiere.net
Fri Feb 16 20:11:41 UTC 2001

Of course, this is a blatant FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt) strategy
at work -- tossing out ridiculously muddled thoughts in hopes that
they can cause IP anxieties surrounding Napster to be associated with
the phrase "open source".  No shame!

QUOTE from the article:

Microsoft has told U.S. lawmakers of its concern while discussing
protection of intellectual property rights.

Linux is developed in a so-called open-source environment in which
the software code generally isn't owned by any one company. That, as
well as programs such as music-sharing software from Napster, means
the world's largest software maker has to do a better job of talking
to policymakers, Allchin said.

''Open source is an intellectual-property destroyer,'' Allchin said.
''I can't imagine something that could be worse than this for the
software business and the intellectual-property business.''

END QUOTE