Wonka Public License (re-submission)

Chris Gray chris.gray at acunia.com
Mon Dec 17 08:31:28 UTC 2001

[ Please review this license.  -russ ]

O. K., let's start this again.

1. http://wonka.acunia.com/wonkapl.html

2. Derived from the BSD license, with an additional request
    (modelled on Mach) to submit "improvements or extensions"
    to us.  This was added as a sweetener for internal consumption.

    In detail:
    - We have an introductory sentence "All of the documentation
       and software included in the Wonka Virtual Kernel is
      copyrighted by ACUNIA NV. " which does not occur in the
      version of the BSD license shown on your website.
      It's there because I used the /COPYRIGHT file of my
      FreeBSD installation as a template.

    - Instead of "nor the names of its contributors" we have
      "nor the names of other contributors".

    - After the all-caps disclaimer we have
              "ACUNIA NV requests users of this software to return to
              ACUNIA NV
              Philips-site 5, box 3
              B-3001 Leuven Belgium
              any improvements or extensions that they make and to grant
ACUNIA NV the rights to redistribute these changes.

              "The views and conclusions contained in the software and
documentation are those of the authors and should not
              be interpreted as representing official policies, either
expressed or implied, of ACUNIA NV."

  3. This license is intended to be compatible with any license
      which meets the OSD, including the GPL.  For combined
      works, the terms of copylefted licenses such as GPL would
      tend to predominate.

  4 Feel free to discuss this publically and to identify us.

Regards

Chris Gray
VM Architect, ACUNIA NV