ASCII presentations please (was Re: Discussion: ADPL)

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Tue Dec 18 00:25:24 UTC 2001

on Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 11:05:02AM +0100, Chris Gray (chris.gray at acunia.com) wrote:
> "Karsten M. Self" wrote:
>
> > on Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 10:11:07PM -0500, Russell Nelson (nelson at crynwr.com) wrote:
> > > Phil Lotane writes:
> > >  > Thanks for your note.  Attached is the ArsDigita Public License in html
> > >  > format.
> >
> > I'd prefer ASCII formatted licenses for discussion.
> >
> > I should not be requested to perform HTML rendering and license analysis
> > in one fell swoop.
>
> Me too, but the approval procedure says to
>   "1.Put the license on a web page in HTML form."
> If we have to put a license into HTML to get it discussed then I
> suppose it's better to carry on the whole discussion with the
> HTML version.

The technologically daunting task of converting an HTML document to text
has, according to copious research, been resolved in some quarters.

I'm requesting the courtesy that materials posted to this list be in
ASCII format in order to facilitate discussion in a reasonably uniform
fashion, rather than leaving this to the vaguaries of diverse member
conversions.  I will not comment on the ADPL until it's posted to this
list as same.

I've commented on this matter before.

Peace.

We freed Dmitry! Boycott Adobe! Repeal the DMCA! http://www.freesklyarov.org