Group copyright, and customising standard licenses

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at idi.ntnu.no
Fri Aug 24 15:51:56 UTC 2001

The anygui project (anygui.sf.net) is trying to formulate
a license. Basically, we're using the Python license
(2.2) but want to distribute a license file with our
software -- and in doing so, we need to customise the
license, supplying a copyright holder, and changing the
name of the project etc.

A first attempt may be found here:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/anygui/anygui/LICENSE

The question is: Is it possible (valid) to use terms like
"the authors of anygui", and the like, without providing a
specific list, or some formal organisation or definition?
How is this normally done, with all the thousands of
SourceForge projects using standard license?

Thanks for any pointers.

--

  Magnus Lie Hetland         http://www.hetland.org

 "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in
  it, doesn't go away."           -- Philip K. Dick