VENTURE CAPITAL

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Mon Aug 13 16:12:27 UTC 2001

Brian Behlendorf writes:
 > On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Russell Nelson wrote:
 > > Any objection to my turning on this feature for license-discuss?

Nobody has complained, so I'm going to implement it.

 > No, though I'm a bigger fan of the -mu options to ezmlm, i.e. you must be
 > a subscriber to post, otherwise the post it bounced for moderation.  It's
 > 100% effective at keeping spam off the list, though it can't stop stuff
 > like sircam (nothing does except 100% moderation).

Yeah, but the solution I've chosen only intercepts the first posting,
so if I'm away from my machine, a new subscriber is not silenced
entirely.  It fails safe, even if it lets some spam through rarely.

--
-russ nelson <sig at russnelson.com>  http://russnelson.com
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok |