GPLv2 'web-app loophole'

Lawrence E. Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Mon Aug 6 23:14:09 UTC 2001

It is very important that you get a specific opinion on this from an
attorney who will represent you.  General legal advice on this
license-discuss list should not be relied upon, especially when you are
considering preparing a cease-and-desist letter and/or filing a lawsuit
to enforce your copyrights.  Your specific question, "What exactly
consitutes a derivative work of
software under US copyright law?", is very complicated and the answer in
your case depends on the details of your software.

/Larry Rosen
Attorney and executive director, OSI
650-216-1597
lrosen at rosenlaw.com