X.Net, Inc. License

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sun Aug 5 12:58:30 UTC 2001

Karsten M. Self writes:
 > I'm assuming that markup isn't a legal part of the license -- and would
 > strongly encourage submissions be made as plaintext, not HTML-tagged
 > content.

If you got a Word .doc file, would you also assume that the markup
isn't a legal part of the license?

 > With the exception of the deletion and the jurisdiction clause, the
 > licenses are identical.  I'd kick this back to X.Net and ask whether
 > they'd be willing to consider the MIT license,

Nope.  They want to specify jurisdiction, because they've had a
problem in the past with jurisdictions which aren't friendly to open
source.  They didn't specify which one it was.

--
-russ nelson <sig at russnelson.com>  http://russnelson.com
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok |