APSL 1.2

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Thu Apr 5 19:12:15 UTC 2001

On Thursday April 05 2001 12:03 pm, phil hunt wrote:

> If someone is using internally a modification of APSL software, why
> would they want to not disclose it?

Two reasons spring to mind. 1) the modifications may contain proprietary
information, trade secrets, and internal matters that are nobody's business,
2) the extreme inconvenience of having to get your legal department's
permission before you fix a bug.

> If someone is using internally a modification of APSL software, why
> would Apple mind them not disclosing it?

I really have no clue. There are much better ways of "fostering openness"
then public nakedness.

--
David Johnson