Plan 9 license

Mark Wells mark at pc-intouch.com
Mon Sep 4 03:52:44 UTC 2000

On Sun, 3 Sep 2000, Ken Arromdee wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Sep 2000, Mark Wells wrote:
> > Here's a simple test to determine if something has been stolen: does the
> > original owner still have it?
>
> Doesn't work.  "Because my work is copied and the coies are widely spread, I
> do not have the potential market that I did before.  That market has been
> stolen from me."

That's been the complaint of everyone who's had to face the reality of
competition.

"Because the automobile is widespread, we in the buggy-whip industry do
not have the potential market that we had before.  That market has been
stolen from us."

And, before that,

"Because sunlight is widely available, we in the candle industry do not
have the potential market that we would have without it.  That market has
been stolen from us."