NASM License

Dave J Woolley david.woolley at
Fri Oct 20 18:20:39 UTC 2000

> From:	Frank Kotler [SMTP:fbkotler at]
IANAL, but it seems to me that this is a confused mixture
of a licence with  articles of association/memorandum of 
understanding for the Authors.  (I think articles of 
association would be called bye-laws for US corporations.
They probably require incorporation.)

I tend to agree that a properly incorporated
legal person is required to own the copyright in this
sort of arrangement.

Quite a few aspects of the document make me think that they
didn't seek the advice of a tax accountant and lawyer, but
they are trying to achieve things that need quite expensive
advice from professionals.  E.g., in the UK, the statute of
limitations is much more than the 2 years implied by clause
7.4.  I don't know enough about business taxation, but I'm
uneasy about what is in this document.  Trusts are also
a complex area of the law, and taxation.  All with vary with
--------------------------- DISCLAIMER ---------------------------------
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender,
except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of BTS.

More information about the License-discuss mailing list