What license to pick...

John Cowan cowan at locke.ccil.org
Tue Oct 3 12:22:33 UTC 2000

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Lionello Lunesu wrote:

> But, as mentioned above, I'm very satisfied with the AFPL, and we've already
> decided to put our toolkit on our homepage with this license.

Fair enough.

> This doesn't
> mean however that I'm not accepting suggestions and comments! Like I've said
> before, This is just to ge things started. Eventually, we may decide on a
> real open-source license..

Excellent.  Please note that when Aladdin comes out with a new major release
(about every year) the previous major release goes under the GPL.  This
makes older versions of the technology Open Source.

> Thanks again for all your help guys!

De nada.  And of course, remember not to call your toolkit Open Source,
or the forty little gods will come and do the nasty on you!  :-)

John Cowan                                   cowan at ccil.org
One art/there is/no less/no more/All things/to do/with sparks/galore
	--Douglas Hofstadter