Licensing concerns with Open Motif

J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) jhm at cistron.nl
Tue May 16 16:16:37 UTC 2000

On Mon, May 15, 2000 at 14:02:16 -0400, John Cowan wrote:
> (Indeed, the well-known "zip" and "unzip" utilities, very widely used in
> the Unix/Linux/BSD world, are not technically Open Source either.)

The licensing terms of (un)zip have changed recently, and the new licensing
terms (ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/infozip/src/LICENSE ; haven't been able to
test it) are considered DFSG-free aka Open Source.

Ray
--
Cyberspace, a final frontier. These are the voyages of my messages,
on a lightspeed mission to explore strange new systems and to boldly go