Shrink-wrap licensing

Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M. rod at cyberspaces.org
Wed May 3 02:18:59 UTC 2000

Sounds odd to me. Why would reverse engineering be an issue for free
software developers? The source code is open. In the U.S., most reverse
engineering copyright infringment law suits involved derivative works, but
this has recently changed with the enactment of the DMCA. A good degree of
reverse engineering is now permissible in the U.S.

Rod

Rod Dixon
Visiting Assistant Professor of Law
Rutgers University School of Law - Camden
www.cyberspaces.org
rod at cyberspaces.org

Chief Counsel
FreeBuyers Net, LLC