Wired Article on the GPL

Aaron Turner aturner at linuxkb.org
Wed Mar 29 18:12:50 UTC 2000

Wired has a rather interesting article on the GPL in relation to the suit
by Mattel re: cphack.  I was wondering what people thought of the merrits
of the statements, and specifically what I as a developer need to do to
protect my works from such loopholes.  Ie, how do I sign over my rights to
the FSF?  Is there a form?  Who do I send it to?  I was actually very
surprised to hear about this, as I had never heard anyone suggest that or
even mention it might be a good idea.  I was under the impression that I
just had to put the GPL banner in the code and include a copy of the
license in my tarball...

--
Aaron Turner, Core Developer       http://vodka.linuxkb.org/~aturner/
Linux Knowledge Base Organization  http://www.linuxkb.org/