Licenses versus contracts

W. Yip weng at yours.com
Wed Mar 29 13:46:22 UTC 2000

Sorry. Some dreadful typos in the following paragraph I fortunately noticed
and have corrected.

On Wed, 29 Mar 2000 14:40:02 +0100, "W. Yip" <weng at yours.com> wrote:
>Example of overlap; You own land. You build a cinema on it. You show movies
>in the cinema. You sell movie tickets. A person who buys the movie ticket
>has contractual license. He has entered into a contractual relationship. He
>has the obligation of letting you see the movie. You have the obligation of
>paying for the ticket. Concurrently, the movie ticket also gives you the
>license to enter his land, into his cinema to watch the movie. If  you
>(cinema owner) asks your customer to leave at some point, you may be liable
>in damages for contractual breach. As far as the license (permission) is
>concerned, you have revoked it, provided you have given adequate and
>reasonable notice.

Example of overlap; You own land. You build a cinema on it. You show movies
in the cinema. You sell movie tickets. A person who buys the movie ticket
has contractual license. He has entered into a contractual relationship.
You have the obligation of letting him see the movie. He has the obligation
of paying for the ticket. Concurrently, the movie ticket also gives him the
license to enter your land, into your cinema to watch the movie. If  you
(cinema owner) ask him to leave at some point before he finishes the movie,