Should governmnet software be Open Source?

David Starner dvdeug at x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu
Wed Mar 8 19:15:03 UTC 2000

On Wed, Mar 08, 2000 at 11:04:49AM -0800, Derek J. Balling wrote:
> I don't know about State gov't's, but I'm almost positive the US gov't
> can't do things like that.

I believe state governments can do that, depending on their laws. The
Department of Transportation of the US Government has the right to copyright
their material, as a special exception, I believe.

David Starner - dstarner98 at aasaa.ofe.org
Only a nerd would worry about wrong parentheses with
square brackets. But that's what mathematicians are.
   -- Dr. Burchard, math professor at OSU