prohibiting use that would result in death or personal injury

Derek J. Balling dredd at megacity.org
Sun Jul 23 13:33:55 UTC 2000

At 12:15 AM -0700 7/23/00, Rick Moen wrote:
>begin Derek J. Balling quotation:
>
>>  You seem to misunderstand and believe that the "correct" ideal for
>>  your jurisdiction matches the "correct" conclusion for all other
>>  jurisdictions.
>
>Either I'm missing something, here, or you are, or you're just trying to
>be argumentative.  Regardless of which applies, I don't think further
>comment is warranted.

No, I was just addressing the comment of "well, the disclaimer clause
is enough and it just requires judges ruling the correct way"
(paraphrased), to which I was indicating that what you and I consider
"correct" may not match the legal statutes of some jurisdictions
(where the disclaimer clause may specifically NOT be worth anything
in terms of removing liability).

I agree with you that it would be nice if the judges would rule in
this manner, but in some areas, they CAN'T, because of statute or
otherwise.

Wasn't trying to be argumentative, and I don't think "no further
comment is required". I really think this is an issue that requires
some attention, on one front or another....