Alternate Route Open Source Licenses

Brice, Richard BriceR at WSDOT.WA.GOV
Thu Jan 27 18:25:47 UTC 2000

Our intent is to let modified ARLOSL (library license) libraries to by
dynamically linked with non-AROSL and/or non-ARLOSL libraries.

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	David Johnson [SMTP:arandir at meer.net]
	Sent:	Wednesday, January 26, 2000 6:45 PM
	To:	Brice, Richard; license-discuss at opensource.org
	Subject:	Re: Alternate Route Open Source Licenses

	On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Brice, Richard wrote:

	> The full text of the Alternate Route licenses can be found at
	> http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/eesc/bridge/alternateroute/licenses.htm
	> <http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/eesc/bridge/alternateroute/licenses.htm>

	One quick comment: in section 5 of the AROSL, at the beginning, it
says
	"...under the terms of Sections 4 and 5...". I'm assuming that this
is a typo.

	One longer comment: do you intend to allow dynamically linking
modified AROSL
	applications to non-AROSL (or compatible) libraries? The GPL, in
some opinions,
	is unclear on this point. I would humbly suggest clarifying your
wishes in this
	regard, either for or against.

	 --
	Arandir...