OpenSales -- DRAFT developers agreement

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Aug 31 04:43:41 UTC 2000

begin David Johnson quotation:

> Yeeargh! You want me to assign all rights to you forever for ZERO
> compensation? It's not too often one has to sign a contract in order to
> make a donation.

He has a point, Karsten.  These days, when people come out of the blue
and ask me to sign gratuitous legal undertakings, not to _mention_ when
I'm asked to sign away rights, I automatically ask what I'm getting in
return.

Among your company's risk is that a sufficiently annoyed group of
developers will just take the GPLed code and maintain their own
codebase, so as to avoid needing to deal with your firm's lawyers.

--
Cheers,                   "Teach a man to make fire, and he will be warm
Rick Moen                 for a day.  Set a man on fire, and he will be warm