Plan 9 license

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Thu Aug 24 02:43:12 UTC 2000

On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, John Cowan wrote:

> For that matter, it is better if licenses are not only these things,
> but Fair (non-TM), too.  So I will also discuss points that seem to
> me un-Fair (i.e. "we can do what we want with your changes, you
> can't", or "this license is automatically construed in our favor").

Dittoes. Although it may have seemed that I was in favor of some of
these licenses, I did not actually consider them fair. Businesses
want legal licenses while users want fair licenses. And if a license
meets the OSD but still manages to fall through the cracks so that it
is not free either, then this should be brought up as well.

--
David Johnson