List of Licenses -- as of 8-14-00

Gregor Hoffleit gregor at hoffleit.de
Thu Aug 17 17:56:24 UTC 2000

How about the new CNRI license for Python 1.6b1
(http://hdl.handle.net/1895.22/1011) ? In your introductory mail from Aug 8,
you said that it was approved by OSI at the last board meeting, still it
wasn't in this list.

`Python license' (http://www.python.org/doc/Copyright.html) points to the
old Python 1.5.2 license. Just to make sure: is it true that this license
was formally approved by OSI as well ?

A quick comment: I appreciate the idea of that list, but instead of listing
URLs on foreign machines, it would be better to prepare an archive of the
approved licenses on opensource.org, to make sure that nobody can change an
approved license silently.

    Gregor