Review: Eiffel Forum License

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Fri Apr 28 02:55:31 UTC 2000

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Russell Nelson wrote:
> Please review the Eiffel Forum License.
>
> http://www.eiffel-forum.org/license/

The license refers to the "package" several times, but it does not
specify that the package is source code. I can infer this easily, but
it might be helpful to clarify that publicly releasing modified
versions of the package means releasing the source code.

If I distribute a binary that *depends* on the package, I have to
release the package modifications. However, it appears that I can
distribute the binary of the modified package itself without releasing
the changes. Is this intentional, or am I misreading this?

What exactly does "without written agreement and without license" mean?

--
David Johnson...