Simple Public License, v0.20

John Cowan cowan at locke.ccil.org
Wed Apr 26 02:56:13 UTC 2000

Justin Wells scripsit:

> > Your improvement must not cause our software to depend on additional
> > software unless that additional software is distributed to the public under
> > a license which allows everyone to use and distribute it free of charge;

I don't remember if I raised this point before, but this seems to say
that a patch allowing the software to run on Windows or VMS is impermissible,
since the patch makes the software "depend" on a non-free operating system.
This is clearly discrimination against a class of users and as such
forbidden by the OSD.

John Cowan                                   cowan at ccil.org
       I am a member of a civilization. --David Brin