Larger Works in MPL

Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M. rod at cyberspaces.org
Mon Apr 17 19:01:02 UTC 2000

This is a difficult question to answer. The term "larger work" has no
copyright significance. The options you note seem correct, but using a
single license for covered code and your own code will require a skillfully
written license to avoid potential difficulties. You may be up to the task,
but an easier way is to use both licenses. Of course, the licenses must be
consistent; otherwise,  the end user or licensee may not be able to make
lawful use of your program. The issue really is what are you trying to
accomplish by using a single or a separate license. Set up your goal first
and then it may be more apparent which choice is better.

Rod

Rod Dixon
Visiting Assistant Professor of Law
Rutgers University School of Law