Dynamic and Static Linking

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Wed Apr 5 00:52:11 UTC 2000

On Tue, 04 Apr 2000, Martin Konold wrote:

> "wrong to use code in a way the author does not want you to use it"
>
> Would you claim the very same for some Microsoft owned ActiveX component?

Yes. If they have an ActiveX component that they had undue
restrictions on, I wouldn't use it. AFAIK, Microsoft puts all of it's
"wishes" in it's licenses. If I did stumble across a MS site that said,
"here is our EULA, but by the way, we wish you wouldn't use this
component for X, Y or Z, even though we allow you to" then I would
respect their wishes.

--
David Johnson...