Dynamic and Static Linking

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Mon Apr 3 15:08:57 UTC 2000

David Johnson wrote:

> One side sees dynamic linking as being similarly restricted. Arguments
> cover the inclusion of header files whether or not the linking is
> static or dynamic.

Whatever arguments there may be for the "restricted dynamic linking"
position (including the moral issue, which I think is substantial),
this one won't fly.  Header files almost certainly don't have the
necessary originality to be themselves copyrightable: there is a form/content
merger.

--

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <jcowan at reutershealth.com>