Corel: No "internal" exemption in GPL

Forrest J. Cavalier III mibsoft at mibsoftware.com
Wed Sep 22 15:16:29 UTC 1999

> The GPL doesn't seem to explicitly allow me to restrict its flow, so
> regardless of whether or not he has a job tomorrow for violating company
> policies, the legality is such that I don't think they could actually bust
> him on a copyright violation, since any modifications/derivative works HAD
> to be under the GPL as well, granting him the right to redistribute the code.

What clause in the GPL requires that all modification/derivative
works must be under the GPL?

GPL 2b says any modifications/derivatives which are distributed or
published must be under the GPL.  Software copied to internal company
servers, no matter how geographically distant, is still not
distributed or published.