Accusations, accusations, always accusations

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Thu Oct 21 18:02:19 UTC 1999

    Now that we're having this argument I'm starting to
    feel motivated to try FreeBSD (since I don't have any philosophical
    issues with the BSD license).

I think it is unfortunate that you feel this way, but I am not going
to be silent just because some people object to what I say.  Speaking
in terms of principle, you have a right to disagree with me, but that
should not stop me from saying what I think.

Pragmatically speaking, while some people turn against us for asking
people to call the system GNU/Linux, at the same time other "Linux
users" become much more interested in the GNU Project when they know
what we did.  On the balance, it seems to be a good policy, especially
nowadays since I've learned which ways work better.