GNU License for Hardware

Arandir arandir at meer.net
Mon Oct 18 05:11:20 UTC 1999

On Sun, 17 Oct 1999, Alejandro Forero Cuervo wrote:
> I believe the reasons why Richard wants us to call the system GNU/Linux is
> so newcomers learn about the real reasons why the system is so important:
> The freedom.

If this is the case, then the logical solution is to name it "Free Linux".
Newcomers have no idea what "GNU" means. To a newcomer, "GNU/Linux" is just a
name.  Calling it GNU/Linux to assert proper credit to the developers makes
much more sense to me, whether or not I agree with it.

 --
David Johnson