"rights" and "freedoms"

Keith Bostic bostic at abyssinian.sleepycat.com
Fri Oct 15 13:21:48 UTC 1999

> From: Kristofer Coward <kris at melon.org>
>
> Books are more difficult to copy.

Well, for about 6 more months.

I asked someone in the GNU organization this question once,
years ago.  He said that he didn't think that books or records
or other IP values were or should be significantly different,
but that he was working on what he could work on, i.e., just
because there's more than one hole in the dam doesn't mean you
shouldn't shovel dirt into any of them.

Given the speed with which music copyright has been attacked in
the last year, my guess is that once the ability to easily copy
the medium arrives, the corresponding "free the IP" movement
forms about 20 minutes later.

--keith