Novell Cooperative License version 1.0

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Mon Nov 29 18:00:02 UTC 1999

Bruce Perens wrote:

> I don't see that a non-US court would uphold a requirement to arbitrate
> through a U.S. association when one or both litigants are non-US.

Sure it would (but IANAL, and there are probably exceptions).  Unless the
foreign court had reason to believe that a miscarriage of justice would
occur (as by prescribing flipping a coin, or some similarly unreliable
procedure) it would be normally quite willing to defer to the arbitrator.

John Cowan	http://www.reutershealth.com		jcowan at reutershealth.com
Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis vom dies! / Schliess eurer Aug vor heiliger Schau
Den er genoss vom Honig-Tau / Und trank die Milch vom Paradies.
		-- Coleridge (tr. Politzer)