GPL and LGPL question

Pat St. Jean psj at cgmlarson.com
Tue May 18 21:07:24 UTC 1999

Hi everyone,
  I don't want to start a flame war, so if it's addressed elsewhere,
please direct me there.
  I'm wondering how the GPL and LGPL can be reconciled with part 9 of the
open source definition.  I don't see how they can.
  Also, how does OSD part 3 protect the author of the code from what I
think (and this IS just MY _OPINION_) are malicious clauses in other
licenses, specifically the LGPL, clause 3.  A case can also be made that
LGPL clause 3 is in conflict with OSD part 7, depending on which legal
dictionary you're reading.

<donning asbestos>

Pat

Patrick St. Jean              '97 XLH 883                psj at cgmlarson.com
Programmer & Systems Administrator                    +1 713-977-4177 x115
Larson Software Technology                        http://www.cgmlarson.com