Zeratec Public License

bruce at perens.com bruce at perens.com
Tue Jul 13 19:51:19 UTC 1999

From: "Pat St. Jean" <psj at cgmlarson.com>
> Clear and unambiguous is a good thing, but in my opinion that should be
> from a legal standpoint, not necessarily an end user's.

In working on licenses with large companies like IBM, etc., it hasn't seemed
that the two have been mutually exclusive. Any time I requested clearer
language, the attorneys were able to produce something I could read
unambiguously yet satisfied them as being sound legal language.

> If you're in doubt as to what is said, you should contact your attorney and
> have hir clarify it.

This is simply not realistic for the free software developer. And not
participating in free software because you can't afford an attorney to review
licenses is not an option, either. Thus, we need the initial developer's
attorneys to work a little harder than they would otherwise. They have all
been surprisingly willing to do so!

	Thanks

	Bruce