Oversimplifications in HtN

bruce at perens.com bruce at perens.com
Tue Aug 31 19:23:25 UTC 1999

From: "Eric S. Raymond" <esr at thyrsus.com>
> Ian Lance Taylor has replied with some very interesting criticisms which
> I intend to respond to.  But I have to fly to Australia now and won't be
> back for twelve days.  My access to email will be spotty at best, so
> hold those flames ;-)...

I think we're beating a dead horse and would be happy to see this thread drop.

Parentheticaly - Can you persuade VA to give you a laptop? I have successfully
used a Compuserve account to get PPP service _everywhere_, even from my palm
pilot. It's astounding how extensive their POP network is. You have to make
sure to get the "old style" account, not "Compuserve 2000".

	Thanks

	Bruce