General Gaming Public License, GGPL

Mitch Blevins mblevin at debian.org
Tue Aug 31 04:36:06 UTC 1999

bruce at perens.com wrote:
> > Now that I know it was serious, it just makes me a little sad.
>
> Don't be sad. I get lots of questions like "how do I copyright my software?".
> They are to be expected and are nothing to feel bad about. Programmers just
> don't necessarily know this stuff, it's often something they actively avoid.

I'm not sad about any kind of lack of knowledge about copyright.  I'm
sad that our legal system is such that it scares people into thinking about
liability protection for game-time-loss.  I'm sad that the need for
such protection is close enough to reality that it warrants serious
discussion.

-Mitch