General Gaming Public License, GGPL

bruce at perens.com bruce at perens.com
Tue Aug 31 02:13:45 UTC 1999

From: Philipp Gühring <p.guehring at enemy.org>

>   13. IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN
> WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY
> AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE PROGRAM AS PERMITTED ABOVE, BE LIABLE TO YOU
> FOR THE TIME OR MONEY YOU LOST WHEN PLAYING, WATCHING OR LISTENING TO
> THE GAME.

Philipp,

Have you already consulted an attorney who told you that this new license
provision was necessary? I very strongly doubt that it's necessary on top
of the generic "no warranty" claims already present in the GPL. Otherwise,
there would be similar claims already attached to books, movies, and
commercial video games.

	Thanks

	Bruce