support requirement

bruce at perens.com bruce at perens.com
Tue Aug 31 01:32:37 UTC 1999

For the vendor it's really a choice of "go Open Source or lose _everything_".
If you GPL your product, you can probably still make money from it using
commercial licenses. If someone else clones your product, it's GPL-ed
anyway, plus you have a new competitor who wouldn't have been there
otherwise.

	Thanks

	Bruce