Essay RFC delayed.

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Fri Aug 27 18:32:26 UTC 1999

Signal 11 <signal11 at mediaone.net>:
>Realistically, the major contributors of open source have mostly been hackers.
>Would there be a significant reduction in the proliferation and quality of
>free software if linux had not gone corporate?

Maybe not.  But I think I'm not the only person tired of living in a ghetto
and watching from the sidelines while Microsoft locked down the Internet.

It was time to grow up and get real.
--

The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus by the Supreme
Being as his father, in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the