[FLOSS-Desktops] Starting up at North Colonie Schools

Patrick Masson masson at opensource.org
Wed Apr 12 15:21:45 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I just wanted share some great news: FLOSS Desktops for Kids will be
starting up at Loudonville Elementary, in Colonie, New York on April
27th.

I'd like to offer a BIG THANK YOU to the entire crew at the Schodack
Central School District who hosted the North Colonie schools staff for
a bit of show and tell, to help them understand the program and see if
it would be a fit.

Also a BIG THANK YOU to the Siena College program who sent three
student mentors to Loundonville Elementary for a walk through of the
program and materials. I think hearing first hand from those who have
already complete the program really helped.

This is exactly how we hope to grow the program--peer to peer--where
ideas and inspiration are shared to help improve the program, and
spread adoption.

It is just so inspiring to see the engagement from teachers and
schools.

Thanks so much,
Patrick

--
  ||  |   | || |  ||  ||  | || |  |||  |  |||

Patrick Masson
General Manager & Director, Open Source Initiative
855 El Camino Real, Ste 13A, #270
Palo Alto, CA 94301
United States
Office: (415) 857-5398