[CAVO] Fwd: Election Story

Brent Turner turnerbrentm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 20:15:26 UTC 2017

"If we have those, even with proprietary software, we can protect our
election from being hacked," Barbara Simons maintained. "You can't hack
paper." [image: http://www.ectnews.com/images/end-enn.gif]
To be clear-- this is bullshit.

As I explained to Ron Rivest - and he agreed--  an audit does not cure an
insecure election.  The firs count comes from the software and bad actors
can  use the passage of time toward artificial reconciliation.. i.e
manicuring the stored ballots into conformity with the tainted software
count

Be mindful Simons works for Dill

Here is the GAO giving direction to Dill

http://accurate-voting.org/accurate/docs/proposal-feb2005.pdf
See 3.3  Technology Transfer

also see 5. Management Plan
"one group that will be represented on the Advisory Board is the Open
Voting Consortium"
didn't happen

Dr. Mercuri's complaint

http://www.notablesoftware.com/ACCURATE/MyIntellectualProperty.eml