[CAVO] CAVO press release 10 / 03 / 2016

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Mon Oct 3 21:00:36 UTC 2016

Brent, I forwarded your press release within Mendocino County. Let's see if your friend you referred me to responds either to me or to you.

Also, I received several responses on a confidential open source legal list, particularly from Europeans, about the article I recently (re)wrote about CAVO's recommendation of GPLv3 for election systems. It is surprising how many people in the open source community complain, not about our GPLv3 license preference, but about the "false belief" that open source or any software will successfully solve all voting problems.

I can't forward those confidential emails from other mere technology lawyers to you here. But you should know that the experience with and push for electronic voting in Europe is more advanced in some ways than here. And they are as desperate for solutions as we are. Do you know anyone in those communities? I don't.

/Larry