[CAVO] After election, DHS will work with voting machine vendors on cybersecurity

Brent Turner turnerbrentm at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 17:07:40 UTC 2016

 "specifically intended to satisfy national security interests"

This doesn't fly as this will not satisfy national security interests.
Obviously merely disclosing the shoddy code is a less-than-poor substitute
for open source for numerous reasons including public participation ( eyes
on the process ) and chain of custody issues (
http://www.zdnet.com/article/ca-says-es-amps-sold-uncertified-machines-wants-10m-fine/
)

" it does give us a mechanism to find faults in proprietary voting systems"

I think The Top to Bottom Review
http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/voting-systems/oversight/top-bottom-review/
 and all other scientific conclusions bring more than evidence that we can
not serve the national security interest via corporate owned software --

This along with DOD statements on open source
http://dodcio.defense.gov/Portals/0/Documents/FOSS/2009OSS.pdf
certify that the open source election system mission must be fulfilled
immediately.