[CAVO] Fwd: [VVSG-election] Election event logging specification being finalized by the interoperability working group

Brent Turner turnerbrentm at gmail.com
Mon May 23 18:47:32 UTC 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Wack, John (Fed) <john.wack at nist.gov>
Date: Mon, May 23, 2016 at 11:44 AM
Subject: [VVSG-election] Election event logging specification being
finalized by the interoperability working group
To: vvsg-election <vvsg-election at nist.gov>, vvsg-post-election <
vvsg-post-election at nist.gov>, vvsg-pre-election <vvsg-pre-election at nist.gov>

Hi everyone in the election, post-election, and pre-election working groups,

In the interoperability working group, we have decided that we are done
with the election event logging common data format specification. We
decided that our next step would be to send this specification to you to
ensure your eyes had an opportunity to look at it, even though a good
number of you are getting the interoperability working group mail posts
already. Thus, I am attaching a Word and PDF version of the spec – it is
quite short and, while it's not breathtaking bedtime reading, it attempts
to be descriptive in a concise way and is relatively straightforward to
understand.

A number of people have put a fair amount of time into the specification
starting several years ago and more recently in the past several months. I
thought we had great input and wisdom from some of the manufacturers and,
as a result, we ended up with a good, simple specification.

If you have any questions about this specification, please respond and I'll
do my best to answer them. I am sending this out on May 23 and so, in 2
weeks by June 6, if there are no showstopper issues, we can assume that we
are indeed done and will move on to the next step, which is publishing it
as a NIST 1500 publication.

If a number of you feel that it would be best to hold a telecon and for me
to go over this specification and deal with any questions, I would be happy
to do that.

Cheers, John