[CAVO] Congressman Johnson bill for open source voting

Brent Turner turnerbrentm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 19:48:19 UTC 2016

Hi Patrick--

I appreciate the work of OSI..  but with the obtainment of the OSI approved
license by OSET .. do you think that merely recommending an OSI approved
license- rather than GPL v3 - would be appropriate ?

My apprehension is that the government lacks the instinct to differentiate
between "open -washers " who have managed to technically comply with OSI
requisites for approval.. and the " real " open source community who would
be less likely to manipulate the government for financial gain .

I recognize you mentioned a background check of persons involved  i.e.
track record..   but I don't know if government has good ability there-

Best-  BT