[CAVO] Fwd: [VVSG-election] Final draft of election event logging specification is ready

Brent Turner turnerbrentm at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 17:08:09 UTC 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Wack, John (Fed) <john.wack at nist.gov>
Date: Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 9:54 AM
Subject: [VVSG-election] Final draft of election event logging
specification is ready
To: vvsg-interoperability <vvsg-interoperability at nist.gov>, vvsg-election <
vvsg-election at nist.gov>, vvsg-pre-election <vvsg-pre-election at nist.gov>,
vvsg-post-election <vvsg-post-election at nist.gov>

Hi everyone,

Attached is the updated election event logging specification that, in my
opinion, is ready for its final review from the interoperability working
group as well as others in the election process public working groups.
Today is April 27; over the next 2 weeks I ask that you read this
specification and send any questions/comments to the list where they can
get resolved. I plan to have the final, updated draft ready by May 11, at
which point, barring any new developments, it could start the internal NIST
review process.

Taking a look at the membership of this working group, I note that we have
representation and participation from 10 of the manufacturers and the 3
test labs that are certified by the EAC. I especially ask you in this
community of manufacturers and test labs to take another look at the
specification and ensure that it is workable and practical.

As well, I'd like to ask that those of you in the election official
community and in the election analysis community to do the same. It is a
fairly short specification and has been through a significant amount of
review already, so I don't expect much in the way of changes, but at the
same time I would appreciate your eyes on the document one more time.

Again, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I haven't
added names to the acknowledgments section yet and, in this email I don't
want to call out just yet those of you who have contributed to this
specification – but, I do want to thank you. Some of you have dedicated
quite a bit of time with this specification starting back several years ago
and have stuck with it along the way. Many of you have provided comments or
encouragement.

Cheers, John