[CAVO] Link to SF - LAFCO open source voting draft

Patrick Masson masson at opensource.org
Wed May 20 15:55:23 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-05-20 at 08:15 -0700, Brian J. Fox wrote:

> 1. Absolutely he meant “carrying an”

:-)

> 2. If we are dedicated to the GPLv3 we should be explicit about it,
> and not allow any OSI license — OR we should allow any OSI license on
> or before date TODAY if we are comfortable with that.

I'll leave the discussions as to which open source license CAVO prefers
to CAVO. My point was only to ensure that the scope of open source
software licenses was understood. In addition, it is important to note
the OSI's historical role and interests around both copy left and
permissive licenses. We obviously have an interest in promoting this
broader perspective.